Nearly 1/8 of all published books are translations, in literature they even account for 1/3 of all books. And it is impossible to count all the translated websites, company magazines and scientific papers. There are many reasons for such a high demand for translations. But it is important to choose the right translator for your needs.
What you should know before asking for a translator:
- When does it need to be finalised?
- How much should be translated?
- For example: Will the index be copied or should it be translated?
- Is it fiction or non-fiction?
- A specialised text or schoolbook?
- Is the phrasing more important than the content or vice versa?
- Does a translation of the text require a special or general knowledge?
Does the text require a cultural or legally necessary adaption?
What it takes to become a translator at e-ditio
Translation studies at the higher education level and / or having lived several years in a foreign country
A highly recommended profile
Application at e-ditio and a diligent review by our team